Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 17

We started the day off bad money wise. I had seen a sign at Ruby Tuesday's for their new brunch menu and usually a fan of brunch I wanted to give it a try....not a good plan. Darren went against the brunch train and had a pasta dish that from the few bites I had was really good, and Luke certainly seemed to love his pancake/biscuit/fruit brunch. BUT I was not a fan of what I got. The cranapple crepes were sort of a rubbery pancake instead of light and fluffy like other crepes I've had and there was no filling besides the apples and cranberries, mmmm, a little cream cheese would have hurt them? So I felt like I wasted the money that was spent on mine, totally not worth it. Total cost for brunch for three including tax and tip? $39.58

Then it was over to the Dollar Tree to pick up party supplies for my big boy's very first birthday party (*sniff*).
2 packages of plastic spoons/forks/knives
5 plastic tablecovers of various colors
2 flag banners with balloon flags
2 packages of streamers
Birthday Headband (not as girly as it sounds)
Happy Birthday Banner
Winnie the Pooh book (because I'm a sucker for a Lukie Duke smile)
(The rest of the list is due to Darren being along for the trip.)
Night Light
Some sort of cable of some sort
2 boxes of brownies
Total - $19.12

Then Darren drove us over to Once Upon a Child which I thought was weird because I didn't ask to go there and he hates shopping. Of course Once Upon a Child is in front of Harbor Freight and guess where he wanted to go after? Yeah.

OUaC was actually having a rockin' clearace deal though, anything that was on clearance was marked down to only $1. I picked up some 2T stuff for next year and it was all name brand (GAP, Old Navy, Osh Gosh) and looked like it had never been worn. We got 5 pairs of pants, 2 jackets, 3 tops and a robe. Plus Darren found a HUGE bag of Dr. Who collectible stuff and it had been marked down and was included in the $1 sale so he got that. Total? $12.84

Then of course was Harbor Freight. I didn't bless it with my presence and stayed in the car but maybe I should have went in since Darren 'spent more then he meant to'. Total? $23.97

Lastly was Target.
Large box of Frosted Flakes (thanks to the hubby) - $3.50
He-Man DVD - $5
3 boxes of TGI Friday's Snacks - $7.98
7 various 2 liters for the little guy's party - $6.79
Thomas the Train Set (which yes we pre-bought for next Christmas/Birthday) - $7.48
Tax - $1.35
Total spent - $32.10

Total for the day - $127.61
YTD - $1,021.51 (Woah)

No comments:

Post a Comment