Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 1

Ummm so it's the very first day of the new year/new decade (let's pretend, I started this a day late) and I have decided to track my spending to the penny and become accountable for it by telling everyone. I'm hoping this will reduce the amount of stuff...ok let's be honest, the amount of CRAP we buy in 2010 because 2009 was a high crap year and I don't want to end up as one of those crazy-eyed people on that Hoarders show swearing up and down that the mountain of stuff was a great idea when I bought it. Also, I have noticed that we got into a BAD habit of grabbing fast food/eating out because well...we're lazy. BUT since that is neither good for my wallet nor my waistline, let's track that too.

So with that said, Day 1? Not so good, sigh. We decided to go out since we had today off work.

Lunch at Cheddar's - $30 including tax and tip
Walmart Trip - $44.18 for 75% off clearance and a WoW expansion pack the husband talked me into
Avatar in 3D - $24 for 2 Adult tickets
Snacks at Movie - $5.25 for one large Sprite (Highway Robbery!!!)

List for Walmart Trip:
Wreath - $2.50
2 boxes of Light Clips - $0.96
Wooden Desk Puzzle - $1.25
Magnetic Desk Puzzle - $1.25
Fancy Schmancy Ornament Hooks - $0.50
2 spools of Fabric Ribbon - $1.24
Pack of 2 Holiday Round Plastic Containers (for fudge/sweets) - $0.75
Large Metal Tin Container - $0.75
Plastic Tumbler with Holiday stuff floating in it - $0.50
Set of 4 'strong' Magnets - $3.47 (addition to the cart by the husband person)
5 packs of LED Replacement Lights for Christmas Lights - $0.90
5 packs of Mini Christmas Lights - $1.85
12ft Outdoor Extension Cord - $1.62
4 pack of Lipgloss - $1.25
Chocolate Covered Cherries - $1.48
Candy Canes - $0.44
6" Pillar Candle - $0.62
WoW Expansion Pack - $19.96 (sigh)
Tax - $2.89
Total - $44.18
Savings from 75% sale - $50.13

Now you would think that I would be happy what with saving more then I spent but in truth I should have 'saved' more by not buying some (or all) of it in the first place. Tomorrow is another day...and hopefully not as much crap will be purchased.

Total Spending for Day 1 - $103.43...ouch

No comments:

Post a Comment