Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 12

It was supposed to be a no spend day for me, it really was. I packed my lunch like a very frugal little girl. But then it came to be lunchtime and I popped the frozen meal in the microwave and even before I took it out I noticed there was an overwhelming smell. Apparently the rice had green and red peppers mixed in and heating up those green peppers made EVERYTHING in the meal taste like one big green pepper. So...I threw it out (hides)and picked up a little something from the cafeteria.

Darren actually took himself to Meijer today. He typically does this when he has something specific he wants (today it was chili ingredients). I was just proud that for the most part he stuck to the sales. No coupons used though *sigh*. Baby steps are all I can ask for I guess.

Meijer -
Kidney Beans - $1.34
Red Beans - $1.34
2 cans of veggies - $1.70
2 boxes of Little Debbie brownies - $3.18
Cottage Cheese - $2.49
Ground Meat - $3.69
4 cans tomatoes - $4.76
Bag of tortilla chips - $1.89
2 Tombstone pizzas - $6.58
Claussen pickles - $2.50
3 jars of Prego - $5.00
Total - $34.47
Total Saved - $5.12 (yeah you can definately tell this was a Darren trip)

Total for the day - $36.58
YTD - $618.82

No comments:

Post a Comment